Securing Your Droplet
About the Talk
Congratulations! You’ve just spun up a Droplet! Whether this is your first or thousandth Droplet, the next steps are pretty much universal. You need to secure your Droplet from malicious actors attempting to compromise your systems. In this session we’ll cover the foundations of securing your droplet, protecting your users, and keeping your data safe.
What You’ll Learn
- Initial setup for securing your Droplet
- Best practices considering users, access, and network traffic
- How to perform system audits and unattended updates
This Talk is Designed For
Anyone who is spinning up a Droplet
- Know how to create a droplet.
- If you wish to follow along the live coding portions, you will need an Ubuntu 20.04 server with root access to the server.